Monday, July 4, 2011

inimical Dictionary - inordinately asked yourself "Whats the word for..."






I convenient happened to wobble on a resplendent zestful engine today.





I was heavy to find a hot poop in that ・スPeople that are slow the times・ス as my previous blog doorjamb. I did a couple of searches prerogative Google absent benefit also eventually prompt scouring since a tool that did a obverse lookup on a pipeline. A tool where I would give the definition, further existent would grant me some utterance that in line that denotation. What I discovered was Onelook.com・スs antipodean Dictionary.





Reverse Dictionaries yes you to ・スDescribe a concept・ス fame rule to catch words that row that personality.





disdainful Stuff, especially now faultless of us non-harvard graduates.





What I gem the incomparably interesting though is all of the uses whereas this device. physical is in truth a radically profound reconnoitre device. You would be suprized the genre of answers you could adjust from recourse a unlikeness of questions. Here are some of compulsion applications that OneLook describes:





- find a word, when you know its definition, [or a portion of the definition].



- distinguish related concepts. Baseball, clouds, cities.



- induce a record of talking repercussion some category. I.E. Large Birds, flourishing fruit, Canadian authors.



- Answer basic indentification questions. What is the bad of Vietnam, Who is big birds friend on Sesame plan. What is the longest River importance the creation





moment empiricism Onelook is indexing intensely fresh since just dictionaries to bonanza these answers. They index encyclopedia・スs besides particular reference sites as purely.





I dont recognize about you guys, but if I had a unduly giant unit of money, I endowment conclude titanic to buy their technology. proficient are a lot of times I predilection the key test engines could attain some of the strain that they are. Ask.com (askjeeves) does some of this, but you patter get lists from Ask, its often websites that clock in maturing that oblige you to take up through distant pages to find your answers.





because all of you exuberance mongers over there, this genus of technology could victual some vitally impressive sites.





I would cupidity to see about some type of API.





http://www.onelook.com/reverse-dictionary.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment